Oszkár Asbóth was a Hungarian aviation engineer, born in Pakota, 31 March 1891, deceased 27 February 1960. He grew up in Arad, Hungary, now part of Romania.
We have him identified with or as “Aviatikus”(“Aviation”, possibly pilot, or perhaps more likely, Aeronautical engineer), filing from Arad.
We have him as an Engineer filing from Budapest.
We have him as a “CS. És Kir. Tart. Hadnagy”(a Lieutenant, among other things), filing from Budapest.
On occasion he filed from Fischamend, Austria. In the case of this Patent DE-1916-326431, filed from said location in Austria, Espacenet has him designated as "ASBOTH OSKAR VON", see ASBOTH OSKAR VON cross-referenced with AT publication number results. He was quite prolific after the years on which we are focusing.
To the best of our knowledge, his more proper and original name was "Asbóth Oszkár", in keeping with the Hungarian custom of having the family name precede the given name. Hungarian Wikipedia has him as "Asboth Oszkár" (note the non-accented "o" in "Asboth"), but this is likely in the interests of disambiguation. "Oszkár von Asboth" may have been an affectation.
During World War I he was employed at the construction of propellers as applied to airplane engines, with automatic airplane stability being an interest as well. His work with the helicopter may have largely come after the period we are studying.
Patents whose inventor or applicant is Oszkár Asbóth
- Patent HU-1911-01-10 Oszkár Asbóth (English title: Automatic airplane stabilizer, Filing date: 1911-01-10)
- Patent FR-1911-426130 (English title: Automatic airplane stabilizer, Supplementary to patent: Patent HU-1911-01-10 Oszkár Asbóth, Filing date: 1911-02-16)
- Patent HU-1911-58998 (English title: Automatic aeroplane stabilizer, Filing date: 1911-07-29)
- Patent AT-1916-07-22 Oszkár Asbóth (English title: Propellers for aircraft, Filing date: 1916-07-22)
- Patent DE-1916-326431 (English title: Propellers for aircraft, Supplementary to patent: Patent AT-1916-07-22 Oszkár Asbóth, Filing date: 1916-12-20)
- Patent HU-1916-74821 (English title: Propellers for aircraft and such, Filing date: 1916-12-20)
- Patent HU-1916-78285 (English title: Propellers for aeroplanes and airships, Supplementary to patent: Patent HU-1916-74821, Filing date: 1916-12-20)
- Patent AT-1917-79539 (English title: screw captive aircraft, Filing date: 1917-04-30)
- Patent AT-1917-78790 (English title: Propeller for aircraft, Filing date: 1917-05-21)
- Patent AT-1917-78791 (English title: Aircraft wings, Filing date: 1917-05-30)
- Patent HU-1917-76184 (English title: Aircraft propeller or screw plane, Supplementary to patent: Patent AT-1917-79539, Filing date: 1917-06-04)
- Patent DE-1918-323762 (English title: Wing for airplanes, Supplementary to patent: Patent AT-1917-78791, Filing date: 1918-09-10)
- Oszkár Asbóth on English Wikipedia
- Oszkár Asbóth on German Wikipedia
- Asboth Oszkár (aviatikus) on Hungarian Wikipedia
|Names||Asbóth Oszkár; Oskar von Asbóth|
|Countries||AT, DE, FR, HU|
|Occupations||Aeronautical Engineer, Engineer, Military officer|
|Tech areas||Airplane, Stability, Pendulum, Hélice, Helicopter, Motors, Propellers, Design, Aerodynamics, Automatic stability|