Franz Schneider was an aero inventor, born 27 September 1871 in Konstanz, Southern Germany, deceased 24 May 1941 in Tokyo). He was both an aviation pioneer and an entrepreneur. He was an aero-designer playing roles in the Société Anonyme des Établissements Nieuport, Nieuport et Deplante, in Luft Verkehrs G.m.b.H.
We have him filing quite voluminously in Hungary. The given name "Ferenc" is known formally and specifically as the Hungarian form of the German "Franz". The appropriate pages have been standardized as Franz Schneider. We have him filing as an Engineer (Mérnök) Aircraft Editor (Repülőgépszerkesztő) from Berlin/m Johannisthal. At least one patent gives the form "Röpülőgépszerkesztő". At least one gives the form "Légijárműszerkesztő". These are all "Aircraft Editor". His identification as an Engineer is also consistent.
This location and other data comports with our data on Luft Verkehrs G.m.b.H. as well. Hungarian patent data has Luft Verkehrs G.m.b.H. as the "legal successor"(Jogutódja) to Franz Schneider.
There are numerous patent references to specifically German as well as likely German parent patents to be found within the data on some of Schneider's patents filed in other nations. These seem to be missing from Espacenet, relative to Schneider himself as an individual. They may tie into patents for which one of the firms mentioned above is listed as applicant.
Patents whose inventor or applicant is Franz Schneider
- Patent DE-1913-06-26 Franz Schneider (English title: Process for the Production of Bodies and Supporting Planes for Aeroplanes and of Floats and Boat Bodies for Hydroplanes, Filing date: 1913-06-26)
- Patent AT-1914-70663 (English title: Fuel pump operated by "wind wing" for aircraft, Filing date: 1914-06-13)
- Patent FR-1914-475059 (English title: Manufacturing of hulls and sustenator surfaces for aeroplanes and floats and hulls for hydroplanes, Supplementary to patent: Patent DE-1913-06-26 Franz Schneider, Filing date: 1914-06-16)
- Patent GB-1914-14774 (English title: Process for the Production of Bodies and Supporting Planes for Aeroplanes and of Floats and Boat Bodies for Hydroplanes, Supplementary to patent: Patent DE-1913-06-26 Franz Schneider, Filing date: 1914-06-19)
- Patent DE-1914-10-23 Franz Schneider (English title: Equipment for suspending the petrol tank in the tension tower of the flight plane, Filing date: 1914-10-23)
- Patent HU-1914-69177 (English title: Equipment for reinforcing the support beams of aeroplanes in barrel lids on the machine, Filing date: 1914-10-30)
- Patent HU-1914-68611 (English title: Innovation on biplanes, Filing date: 1914-12-30)
- Patent HU-1914-68612 (English title: Equipment for tensioning and loosening of the steering cables of flying machines, Filing date: 1914-12-30)
- Patent HU-1914-75014 (English title: Equipment for simultaneously setting the oversides of aeroplanes in opposite directions, Filing date: 1914-12-30)
- Patent HU-1915-69148 (English title: Airplane, Filing date: 1915-06-18)
- Patent HU-1915-69149 (English title: Motor rack for flying machines, Filing date: 1915-06-18)
- Patent HU-1915-69150 (English title: Flight fuselage with an opening apparently orientated towards observation of the aircraft by the pilot, Filing date: 1915-06-18)
- Patent HU-1915-69151 (English title: Equipment for suspending the petrol tank in the tension tower of the flight plane, Supplementary to patent: Patent DE-1914-10-23 Franz Schneider, Filing date: 1915-06-18)
- Patent HU-1916-76416 (English title: Equipment for launching and simultaneous correction of the time of fire required by vertical or level swinging of the machine gun in the case of machine guns used on flying machines, Filing date: 1916-01-05)
|Names||Franz Schneider; Franz Schneider Ferenc|
|Countries||AT, DE, FR, HU|
|Occupations||engineer, aircraft editor|
|Tech areas||Airplane, Fuselage, Design, Military|
|Affiliations||Luft Verkehrs G.m.b.H.|