Nieuport et Deplante
Société Générale d'Aéro-Locomotion, manufacturer of engine components, which had also built Nieuport monoplanes 1909-1910, reformed in 1911 as Nieuport et Deplante to continue building aircraft and aircraft components. The firm was headed by Édouard Nieuport until his death after which his brother Charles Nieuport took over the management.
Built aircraft ignition parts and fast monoplanes that set many speed and distance records; also ran flying schools at Mourmelon and elsewhere. In July 1911, delivered passenger-carrying Nieuport monoplane to Brooklands Aerodrome. Designer and company head, Édouard Nieuport, died 15 Sept. 1911 from injuries incurred during a bad landing during French military maneuvers at Charny, France. By the end of 1911, company was taken over by Henri Deutsch de la Meurthe and reorganized as limited company Société Anonyme des Établissements Nieuport.
Société Nieuport (e) et Deplant according to one source identified through Google Books, which we need to see at a library)
- 1911FM406, 681, 684, 833, 862 , 988, 1051
- Gunston, 1993, p271
- Gunston, 2005, p413
|Names||Nieuport et Deplante|
|City||Issy-les-Moulineaux, Paris; flying school at Mourmelon, France; agent at Brooklands Aerodrome, Weybrdige, Surrey, England, UK.|
|Key people||Édouard Nieuport, Franz Schneider, Charles Nieuport|