Édouard Deniéport, his proper birth name, the name under which he filed patents, was also known as Édouard Nieuport. He was an aero inventor and a pilot, born in Blida, French Algeria 24 August 1875, deceased 16 September 1911, was the founder, in 1908, of Établissements Nieuport. He is the brother of Charles Nieuport. Both of these men, though likely Charles in particular, are to be associated with at least the earlier of the substantial body of patents registered through Société Anonyme des Établissements Nieuport. Our patent data, featuring Édouard as an individual, has him described as a manufacturer, located at 9, rue de Seine, Suresnes, Seine, France. He seems to have done some non-aero-filing as well, earlier, before focusing on aviation.
Someone our patent data has as Veuve Deniéport, that is “Widow Deniéport”, is likely his widow. She heads patents with Veuve Deniéport née Jeanne-Marie-Anna Loubens, referencing the “Nieuport” spelling as well.
Patents whose inventor or applicant is Édouard Deniéport
- Patent FR-1909-411204 (English title: Suspension device to facilitate departure and landing of airplanes, Filing date: 1909-12-31)
- Patent FR-1910-411204.12806 (English title: Suspension arrangement to facilitate the departure and landing of airplanes, Supplementary to patent: Patent FR-1909-411204, Filing date: 1910-06-23)
- Patent GB-1910-30093 (English title: Improvements in or relating to Aeroplanes, Filing date: 1910-12-28)
- Patent GB-1910-30190 (English title: Improvements in or relating to Aeroplanes, Filing date: 1910-12-29)
- Patent ES-1910-49574 (English title: A suspension device to facilitate the starting and landing of airplanes, Filing date: 1910-12-31)
- Patent AT-1910-53414 (English title: Chassis for airplanes, Filing date: 1910-12-31)
- Patent HU-1910-60128 (English title: Suspension for airplanes to facilitate their take-off and landing, Filing date: 1910-12-31)
|Names||Édouard Deniéport; Édouard Nieuport|
|Countries||AT, ES, FR, GB, HU, US|
|Locations||9, rue de Seine, Suresnes, Seine, France|
|Tech areas||Takeoff, Landing, Suspension, Wheels, Frame, Chassis, Skids, Springs|
|Affiliations||Charles Nieuport, Établissements Nieuport, Société Anonyme des Établissements Nieuport|