Münchener Verein für Luftschiffahrt

From Inventing aviation
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Munchener Verein fur Luftschiffahrt or Munich Association for Aerial Navigation was founded 21 Nov. 1889. It owned balloon stores and had arranged numerous ascents since 19 June 1889. It published Annual Proceedings up to 1901. It contributed to the Illustrierte Mitteilungen des Oberrheinischen Vereins fur Luftschiffahrt, Vol. 1, 1897. In 1898, that publication was renamed the Illustrierte Aëronautische Mitteilungen, the first volume of which was numbered Vol. 2; Vols. 2-4 (1898-1902) were co-published by the Oberrheinischer Verein für Lutfschiffahrt and the Münchener Verein für Luftschiffahrt. It joined the DLV (German Aeronaut Federation : Deutscher Luftschiffer-Verband), which see, in 1902.

In 1906, there was a library of 70 volumes. Membership on 1 Apr. 1906 was 383, including 53 qualified aeronauts. In 1910, Karl Neureuther was chairman, Dr. Robert Emden was vice chairman, and Ernst Stahl was secretary and office director. At that time, there were 400 members, including 51 balloon guides. The association owned one free balloon and used the Stadtisches Gasanstalt (Municipal Gasworks) of Munich.

  • Affiliated with DLV, 1902
  • Address: 26 Kaufinger-strasse, Munich (1906); 9 Dienerstrasse, Munich (1910)
  • Phone=2097 (1910)

Sources

  • Pocket-Book of Aeronautics 440 (Eng. ed., Jan. 1907)
  • 1:5 Aeronautics (NYC) 42-43 (1907)
  • 1:6 Aeronautics (NYC) 37
  • 1909 Jane's All the World's Aircraft 177
  • 1910 Brockett 611 <== To do -- evaluiate if this is page 611 or entry 611 and clarify and wikilink to it
  • Braunbeck's Sport-Lexicon: Luftschiffahrt, 1911
  • 136; 1910-1911 Jane's All the World's Aircraft 235 (Nov. 1910)
  • 1911 Aero-Manuel 340 (1 Oct. 1910)


Organization names Munich Association for Aerial Navigation : Munchener Verein fur Luftschiffahrt
Entity type
Country Germany
City Munich
Affiliated with DLV
Scope Local
Started aero 1889
Ended aero
Keywords
Key people Leonhard Sohncke
Wikidata id