William Beardmore & Co.
William Beardmore & Co. was a shipbuilding and engineering firm; made Austro-Daimler engines from early 1913, followed by licensed DFW and BE (Berliot Experimental) 2c aircraft, which were replaced by bombers and naval fighters designed by Richards. Also built Sopwith Camels under contract.
Key person: G. Tilghman Richards, designer.
Dir1920 p36 has an ad for this firm as Beardmore Aero Engines, Ltd., 112, Great Portland Street, London, W.1.; with its works at Parkhead Steel Works, Glasgow
Locations: Dalmuir, Dumbartonshire, Scotland; as of 1920 engine works at Parkhead Forge, Glasgow, Scotland
|Names||William Beardmore & Co. Ltd., Beardmore, Beardmore Aero Engines, Ltd., William Beardmore & Son|
|City||Dalmuir, Dumbartonshire, Scotland; Parkhead Forge, Glasgow, Scotland|
|Key people||G. Tilghman Richards|