Jump to navigation Jump to search
On 27 July 1912 he sent first radio message from aircraft to ship, flying a Wright Model B hydroplane over the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, and sending the letter "D" in Morse Code to the torpedo boat Bailey.
- Jackman & Russell, 1912, Flying Machines, p. 253.
- "Progress of the Month in Aviation", Popular Mechanics, January 1912, p. 36.
- Spencer Tucker, Almanac of American Military History, Vol. 1., p. 1231.
- Goldstone, 2015, p. 305, etc.
- "Wright Schools of Aviation" advertisement in Aeronautics, January 1913, p, 39.