Junkers Motoren Werke
Dr. Hugo Junkers established factory, 1913, to build marine diesel engines and, later, aircraft engines. Developed cantilever metal wings for aircraft and, forming new company (name unidentified) in 1915, built prototype cantilever monoplanes. Contract for 14 followed and, unable to fulfill the production order by himself, formed new company, Junkers-Fokker-Werke, with Anthony Fokker as equal partner, 20 October 1917, with factory at Dessau. Junkers Motoren Werke continued to operate to the end of WW2.
|Organization names||Junkers Motoren Werke (JUMO)|