Jump to navigation Jump to search
In addition to the simple anchor, there is a Yon anchor with four or six legs and an Hervé anchor with eight.
See also the deviator (or "Hervé deviator") which trails in the water.
- ↑ Banet-Rivet, 1898, L'Aéronautique, p. 76.
- ↑ Nansouty, 1911, Aérostation, Aviation, pp. 165–166.
Publications referring to anchor
- Baddeley, 1828, Suggestion for an improvement in balloons. Scientific balloon ascent (Simple title: Suggestion for an improvement in balloons, Journal: Mech. Mag. Mus. Reg. Journ. Gaz.)
- Publication 7838, 1890, Ersatz des Seeankers (Simple title: Replacement of the sea anchor, Journal: Zeitschr. Luftsch.)
- Publication 6071a, 1903, M. Henri Hervé's balloon (Simple title: M. Henri Hervé's balloon, Journal: Aer. World)