Walter Hermann von Mach
Walter Hermann von Mach was a retired captain of the Prussian army, who filed patents internationally related to fire protection for aerial balloons.
In 1908 von Mach filed from Berlin-Schönberg. In 1910 Von Mach's filing address was Zoppot, now spelled Sopot (w:Sopot, w:de:Sopot), a city in Prussian territory which is now part of Poland. It is just north of Gdansk, on the coast of the Baltic sea.
A blurb in the London Gazette states that von Mach died on 1 June 1916 in Schönberg. His name here is in one place shortened to Walter von Mach. A listing in a genealogical publication lists him making an inquiry. Speculatively, Walter von Mach could be related to art historian w:Edmund von Mach who was born in East Prussia 65 miles from Zoppot.
Patents whose inventor or applicant is Walter Hermann von Mach
- Patent GB-1909-18375 (Filing date: 1908-08-07)
- Patent DE-1908-250958 (English title: Fire protection for airships, Filing date: 1908-08-21)
- Patent DE-1908-250959 (English title: Fire protection for airship balloons by means of material preventing contact with explosive gases, Supplementary to patent: Patent DE-1908-250958, Filing date: 1908-08-21)
- Patent GB-1910-18056 (English title: Protecting Balloons against Fire, Supplementary to patent: Patent DE-1908-250958 • Patent DE-1908-250959 • Patent GB-1909-18375, Filing date: 1909-08-09)
- Patent GB-1909-20886 (English title: Process for Protecting Balloons against Exterior Influences, Filing date: 1909-08-09)
- Patent FR-1909-410545 (English title: Protective apparatus for gas balloons and for gas and liquid conduits., Filing date: 1910-03-17)
- Patent AT-1910-79533 (English title: Fire protection for aerial balloons and conduits of explosive gasses, Filing date: 1910-02-18)
|Names||Walter Hermann von Mach; Walter Herrman von Mach; Walter von Mach|
|Countries||DE, Prussia, Poland|
|Locations||Zoppot; Schönberg, Berlin|
|Tech areas||LTA, Balloon, Safety, Ballonet|