This US patent classification subclass is for patents related to "Variable lift modifier including means to change the surface area of the airfoil to be acted upon by the relatively moving stream of air."
To do Clarify what Variable lift modifier means -- probably just means for controlling more or less lift.
- Airfoils that may be folded up are in USPC 244/49
- Designs enabling a portion of the airfoil to be detached are in USPC 244/124.
- These are the closest matches to USPC 244/218 in the CPC system according to a mapping on the USPTO site: CPC B64C3/54; CPC Y02T50/145; CPC B64C3/546, CPC B64C31/032; CPC B64C3/56
Patents in category USPC 244/218
- Patent US-1907-856876 (English title: Air-Ship, Inventors: William Hull, Filing date: 1905-04-07)
- Patent US-1908-901486 (English title: Flying-machine, Inventors: Harry B. Schiller, Filing date: 1907-06-13)
- Patent US-1908-900041 (English title: Air-ship, Inventors: Anthony Rudolph Silverston, Filing date: 1907-10-04)
- Patent US-1914-1086199 (English title: Flying machine, Inventors: Ralph Mason Metcalf, Filing date: 1909-10-14)
- Patent US-1915-1152432 (English title: Aeroplane, Inventors: Conrad Munker, Filing date: 1909-12-13)
- Patent US-1915-1132288 (Inventors: Edward Wanton Smith, Filing date: 1910-02-18)
- Patent US-1911-1005258 (Inventors: Henry W MATTONI, Filing date: 1910-06-22)
- Patent US-1912-1021925 (Inventors: Adelbert A FOKKEN, Filing date: 1910-09-27)
- Patent US-1915-1162278 (Inventors: Henry ZIEMSS, Jr, Filing date: 1912-05-11)
- Patent US-1918-1336406 (English title: Convertible multiplane, Inventors: John P. Tarbox, Filing date: 1918-04-05)
|Enclosing categories||USPC 244/201|
|Keywords||Lift, Airfoil, USPC 244/124, USPC 244/49, CPC B64C3/54, CPC Y02T50/145, CPC B64C3/546, CPC B64C31/032, CPC B64C3/56|