Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "This invention relates to flying machine of that type known as self-propelled aeroplanes;" objectives of the invention include:
- "provide a device which will be simple in construction, of light weight and great strength, which will run at a high speed in a steady manner, and which will be capable of easy control."
- [and] "means for automatically balancing itself . . ."
- [and] "means for supporting [and balancing] a flying machine on a body of water"
- [and] "propelling it through the water and raising it from the water by the action of said means against the water."
- Tech class CPC B64C39/005: Aircraft not otherwise provided for with wings, paddle wheels, bladed wheels, moving or rotating in relation to the fuselage about a horizontal transversal axis
- Inventor location: Driscoll, Burleigh county, ND (FIPSloc=38015, imputed by HistPat); US citizen
|Inventors||Ralph Mason Metcalf|
|Applicant person||Ralph Mason Metcalf|
|Applicant is inventor?||1|
|Original title||Flying machine|
|English title||Flying machine|
|Full specification filed date|
|Supplementary to patent|
|Related to aircraft?||1|
|Patent agent||Munn & Co.|
|National tech categories||USPC 244/218, USPC 244/9|
|Cites these patents|
|Citations from after 1930||1|
|INPADOC family ID||43908110|
|Number of text pages||4|
|Number of diagram pages||5|
|Number of figures||6|
|Number of claims||18|