Parnall and Sons Ltd.
Company, a manufacturer of shop fittings, was acquired by W & T Avery in 1898, but retained its original name and management.
Got contracts early in 1916 from British military to build aircraft for other manufacturers, including Sopwith, Aero, and Short; also built two of its own designs, a prototype wooden biplane Scout, 1916, which was rejected by the British Admiralty, and the Panther. Returned to shop fittings business after WWI.
Starting again in the 1930s, the company received contracts from the British Air Ministry to build airframes and components.
|Names||Parnall and Sons Ltd.|
|City||Mivart St., Bristol, England|
|Key people||George Parnall, A. Camden-Pratt|