Armand-Alvarez Penteado was an engineer and aero inventor, filing patents from 11bis rue Vernet, Paris.
His British patent, and perhaps all his patents, were for a biplane whose lower wings were angled such that the outer edges of the wings were attached to the outer edges of the upper wing, which was flat.
it is possible there is a connection with between this person and Armando Álvares Penteado, a Brazilian with almost the same name, who had connections to France, and for whom a university or fellowship was later named. I could not establish any specific relationship.
Patents whose inventor or applicant is Armand-Alvarez Penteado
- Patent FR-1909-405602 (English title: Biplane airplane system having the appearance of the monoplane, Filing date: 1909-07-30)
- Patent FR-1910-405602.12935 (English title: Biplane airplane system having the appearance of the monoplane, Supplementary to patent: Patent FR-1909-405602, Filing date: 1910-07-12)
- Patent DE-1910-252488 (English title: Aircraft, Filing date: 1910-07-22)
Patents whose inventor or applicant is Armand Alvarez Penteado
- Patent GB-1911-17776 (English title: Improvements in aeroplanes, Supplementary to patent: Patent FR-1910-405602, Filing date: 1910-07-26)
- Armando Álvares Penteado on Portuguese Wikipedia