Ch. Faroux; G. Bonnet. Aéro-Manuel, 1914: Répertoire Sportif Technique et Commercial de l'Aéronautique. publishers H. Dunod et E. Pinat, Paris. 1914
This work in French contains a lot of information, including the first names of inventors, for some patents otherwise covered by the INPI database. It's "Chronologie Aéronautique" has been handy.
This source pertains to the 1856-1895 gap in the INPI main and most accessible database. It is an integrative trove with information ranging from legendary references, through specific patents, and non-patented developments in close connection with patents.
The abbreviation AM 1914 is sometimes used on this site to refer to this work.
Online at Hathi Trust.
Preceded by Aéro-Manuel 1911 (and possibly editions in other years as well).
Charles Faroux was also a co-author of the 1911 edition. G. Bonnet was not. We don't know much him; we are aware of a patent agent Joseph Bonnet who might be related. The cover page of AM 1914 says he was editor of L'Auto and L'Aérophile.
A review from a 1914 Aeronautical Journal is here: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/aeronautical-journal/article/abs/aeromanuel-1914-by-ch-faroux-and-g-bonnet-paris-dunod-pinat-pp-868-12-francs/11DEACB7F098BD0AB14EFB543EB2427A
This is a giant work of great precision, and we can link to exact pages on Hathitrust. It has about 900 pages as shown on Hathitrust. The AJ review above says it identifies some errors.
- An early section of over 100 pages, ending on p114, is an enormous detailed timeline of aviation, especially 1911-1913. It would be thinkable to make a wiki database of these entries, but it would be a big project.
- Then follows a detailed table listing hundreds specific flights including balloons and dirigibles, going from p115 to 164, and a section about records from Aero-Manuel 1914, p165 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p185
- Aero fatalities are listed from Aero-Manuel 1914, p186 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p196
- A list of exhibitions in 1910-1913, which we can completely incorporate here, is on pages from Aero-Manuel 1914, p197 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p199
- Detailed lists of pilots and planes are on the pages from Aero-Manuel 1914, p200 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p232 (PBM: I didn't catch the exact substance of these sections)
- A focused characterization of military aviation, country by country, is on pages Aero-Manuel 1914, p233 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p273
- Lists of locations and airports (aerodromes) by country are on pages Aero-Manuel 1914, p274 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p286
- Relevant patents from 1912 and 1913 are listed starting from pages Aero-Manuel 1914, p287 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p290
- Advertisements are on pages Aero-Manuel 1914, p291 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p292
- A glossary (dictionnaire) of French aero terms is on pages Aero-Manuel 1914, p294 to Aero-Manuel 1914, p292
|Original title||Aéro-Manuel, 1914: Répertoire Sportif Technique et Commercial de l'Aéronautique|
|Simple title||Aéro-Manuel 1914|
|Authors||Charles Faroux, G. Bonnet|
|Related to aircraft?||1|